seeford

Seeford's Spot

Reader, not a writer, and like to keep it that way - I'd rather be reading!
Cast in Ruin - Michelle Sagara, Michelle Sagara West Oh, I liked this one!
Packed with information about the Dragon race, for once it doesn't involve a threat to everyone's continued existence. Yes, there's danger, but minimal, compared to what has occurred in previous books.
I was very happy with the ending - that Kaylin ends up with a friend and someone who will question the strict etiquette of the court, and their under-valuing of her loyalty and exceptional abilities. If it wasn't for the fact that as a Mortal she is totally disregarded, she would be a cult hero of the Empire, with the number of times she's saved everyone's asterisk! I keep thinking that the Dragons should be giving her a bit more respect, and getting irritated when they constantly undermine her sense of worth and treat her like dirt. (With the characters and the author, I mean, she's grown tremendously during this series, something outside of her own self-perception/growth should ALSO be changing, for pete's sake!.)
I LOVE that with the only female Dragon at her side, there's some hope for change of some of that. I also like the personality of the female dragon, and how similar she is to Kaylin. <'spoiler>
I'm really looking forward to seeing how this all plays out in the new book Cast in Peril, when it comes out.