seeford

Seeford's Spot

Reader, not a writer, and like to keep it that way - I'd rather be reading!
Soon I Will Be Invincible - Austin Grossman I've got to say, I really enjoyed this book. Not being a comic book geek, or even a superhero buff, I picked this up on a whim at the library. My review was probably helped in that I started reading this the day after I saw "Hancock" with Will Smith.

Anyhoo, mix a bit of Hancock, and some of Disney's Sky High Academy, with a *big* helping of Mike Myers' Dr Evil and you've got some idea of the fun of this book. I'll leave the plot synopsis to others, but I really enjoyed the viewpoint of the main character - the supervillain. From growing up misunderstood and working for recognition of his huge intellect (and of course to rule the world), this is a wonderful look into the world of the supervillain.

I love how calm, cool and collected he is, through all his failed and foiled plots. The author does a great job of keeping his tone even, he could so easily degenerate into whininess, but thankfully doesn't. Near the end, you almost see him figuring out to turn into a force for good, but nope, he is just too smart for that. = )

Definitely a fun and quick read, think I had it done in 2 or 3 days.