seeford

Seeford's Spot

Reader, not a writer, and like to keep it that way - I'd rather be reading!
Knitting Bones - Monica Ferris I've really been enjoying this series as a light-hearted good read, that often surprise me with the 'whodunnit' or backstory for the crime. So I was really looking forward to another installment in the series and *very* disappointed to say the least in the fact that there was only one 'surprise' in the book and it was revealed in the first half of the book.

I love Goddy and Betsy, but I've got to say that I could see everything happening a looooong ways off in this one. I had to force myself to finish the last third of the book, because at that point I could tell you pretty much every detail of how it would end. Spent way too much time 'in' the person of the bad guy, I really didn't care about him at all; and I'm not sure why the author chose to reveal so much so early in the book, but I hope she doesn't do it again.

This was a quick, fluff-read, as they all are, but I usually enjoy them thoroughly. I'm a needleworker, and it's neat to see stuff from my hobby peppering the book (and Maru got a great mention!) However, this one seriously fell flat and wasn't worth the time, except to keep up with Betsy & Goddy's history for the next one.