seeford

Seeford's Spot

Reader, not a writer, and like to keep it that way - I'd rather be reading!
Replay - Ken Grimwood If you've seen the movie "Groundhog Day", you get the gist of this book. A man has a heart attack at 40-something and drops dead, only to wake up 18 again in 1963 in his dorm room at Emory. Lives that whole life, but again dies on the same date in October of 1988, only to wake up 18 again...

So, what would you do if you woke up 18 again, with your whole life to live over? It was interesting watching him on each 'replay' - what did he do again, and what did he avoid as not worth his time.

Watching each replay was interesting - I was hooked, especially once he met the other 'replayer', but I have to say I was disappointed at how their stories were wrapped up in only a couple of pages. Nothing mystical about it, no explanation at all, really, but the epilogue is pretty neat. Makes you think.

I'd recommend this as an excellent book group novel - I can see lots of points for discussion. What would you do? Do you agree with what he/they did? What do you think of their ending? What are the implications of the epilogue? and so on. No, I'm not giving any answers here - you'll have to read it for yourself. = )

Besides, this one is going to have me thinking for a while. Hmmmmmm...